Do you know that you can enable double tap to sleep on your Samsung Galaxy S7, but you need to use custom launcher such Nova Launcher and follow this step by step guide to make it work.
Double Tap to Sleep and Double Tap to Wake is feature of a smartphone that become popular since it was applied on one of LG device. This feature allows the phone to recognize the repetition of touches, where in this case double tap on the screen will turn the phone to sleep or wake.
While the Double Tap to Sleep is pretty easy to applied, the Double Tap to Wake is a different case. To make this particular feature works, the screen and digitizer should be on all the time. This is where the problem comes from.
Most OEMs fuse these two parts, the screen and digitizer, as one part to make the device thinner. It means that the digitizer and screen work as one, where it could be on or off only.
If those two parts have to stay on all the time to enable this Double Tap to Wake feature, it will drain the battery power faster than ever and that is one thing that everyone doesn’t like about. LG separate those two parts, where the digitizer part will stay on to support this special feature, so they able to reduce battery drain issue.
But that is not the case with Samsung Galaxy S7 that put those two parts together, which means that it is not possible to enable this Double Tap to Wake feature. Although it may not possible to enable Double Tap to Wake feature, it is possible to enable the opposite, the Double Tap to Sleep feature.
In order to do this, you need to use custom launcher such as Nova Launcher. You also need to get Nova Launcher Prime, a paid app, which will give you the access to its premium feature including gesture. Now, if you want to activate Double Tap to Sleep feature, then you can follow the guide below:
- First thing to do is download Nova Launcher app. After that, you also need to download the Nova Launcher Prime app.
- Go to Settings app on your phone. Find “Application” option and tap on it, then choose the “Default Application”.
- Go to “Home Screen” option and then tap the “Nova Launcher” option. It will make Nova Launcher as the default launcher, meaning that it will work automatically as the launcher on your Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Go back by press Home button. On the empty spot on home screen, tap and hold on it.
- You will find options to choose and go for “Settings” option.
- More options will show up and choose the “Gestures & Input” option.
- Find “Double Tap” option and tap on it, then find “Screen Lock” option and tap on it.
- Go back by press Home button. On the home screen, double tap an empty spot in there.
- At the bottom right you will see “Enable” button, tap on it as well.
- The last thing to do is tap the “Activate” button that you can find on the bottom right of the screen.
Now you can give it try by double tap on the screen to bring it to sleep. It may disrupt other function of your device, where some people find that they can’t use their fingerprint to unlock it but other than that, it work great and you can give it a try.