Learn how to fix Motorola phone keyboard disappeared / not showing up. Applies to all Moto phone, including Moto G Power, Moto G Stylus, Moto G7, Moto E.
It would be really irritating when the keyboard suddenly disappears when you need to use it. This is maybe not a common problem in Moto G and only few numbers of users has been experiencing this problem. Keyboard can disappear in the browser, during a call, or when you use different apps.
It is important to learn how to deal with this problem so should this happen to you, you know how to fix it without getting frustrated.
How to fix Motorola phone keyboard disappeared / not showing up
1. Use different keyboard other than Moto phone’s default Android keyboard. There are many third party keyboards with good performance available in the Play Store.
2. Lack of memory management can cause this problem to appear. It is highly recommended to tap multitasking or recent apps button to find out all active apps. Clear or close all apps you are not using before trying using the keyboard.
3. Turn the Moto G power off completely and turn it on to start it again. In some cases, it can be really useful to get the problem fixed although it is more like a temporary fix.
4. Clearing cache partition is always worth to do. Starting it by turning off the phone. Once it is turned off, try to hold Volume down and Power button at the same time and you will get boot options on the screen. Press Volume down button to find Recovery and press Volume up to select it.
There will be fallen Android appear on screen, once you see it hold together Power and Volume up buttons to show the recovery menu. Once again use Volume down to find wipe cache partition and select it using Power button. Press the Power button to Reboot system now once the cache partition clearing is done.
5. Your last option is perform a factory reset, just go to Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone.